Show Dates: April 11 – May 14, 2018
Submission Deadline: March 18, 2018
The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is pleased to announce its second annual Fulton Montgomery Art Show, featuring only the work of artists living and working in New York’s Fulton and Montgomery Counties. This show and sale is a recreation of the former Fulton County Art Show that the Congregational Church in Gloversville hosted for many years. The Fulton Montgomery Art Show will display submissions from individual and group artists working in all media alongside the work of a special guest artist and pieces by student artists from the Fulton/Montgomery region’s schools.
The featured artist of this show is Rhea Costello, a painter and ceramic artist from Bleecker, NY. Her landscapes and wildlife paintings exemplify the Adirondack Rustic Art genre with their intricate detail and peaceful mood. Her ceramic work combines throwing pottery with carving to create imitations of leather and metal paired with sculptures of animals and elements of nature. A primarily self-taught artist, Costello has exhibited work at the Adirondack Rustic Expo, Southern Adirondack Art Show, Adirondack Rustic Furniture Fair, Lake Placid Lodge, Old Forge Center for the Arts, Adirondack Living Show, Western Design Conference in Cody, Wyoming, and many more distinguished galleries and shows.
All works must be submitted via the website www.OnlineJuriedShows.com.
Through the generous donation of supporters, the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is able to offer awards and prizes for this show.
• All works must be original works of the artist.
• All entries must be of original design and personal execution created within the past 2 years.
• Artwork previously shown at Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts is not eligible for submission.
The fee for entry of up to three (3) works will be $25 for non-members ($10 per additional entry) for a total of five entries. Members of the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts may submit three entries for $15 ($7 per additional entry) for a total of five entries. Payment should be made at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com. Entry fees are non-refundable and must be paid by the entry deadline.
• All works must be of original design and copyright of the artist.
• The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts reserves the right to utilize all images submitted to the Statewide Summer Art Show in promotion of the exhibition and for the general promotion of the arts center.
• The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts may rescind the right of hanging any work unsuitably presented or misrepresented.
• Selection notification will be sent by email by March 22, 2018.
• Selected works must be received at the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts during the following days: Wednesday, April 4; Thursday, April 5; and Friday, April 6, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. or Saturday, April 7, from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Works that are shipped to the Nigra Art Center must be received by April 7, 2018. The mailing address for the Nigra Art Center is 2736 New York 30, Gloversville, NY 12078.
• The Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts will retain a 20% commission on all works sold.
• Selected artwork must be suitably framed and ready for installation.
• All shipping is at the expense of the artist. There will be a $10 handling fee for each package shipped to the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts. The handling fee covers condition reporting and photographing of the work as it arrives, and follow up condition report at the conclusion of the exhibition. You must include a prepaid shipping label for the return of the work. Accepted artists will receive detailed information regarding shipping and handling requirements.
Deadline for submission: March 18, 2018
Notification of acceptance: March 22, 2018
Work to be received at the Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts by: April 7, 2018
Selection of Awards: April 9, 2018
Notification of Awards: April 9, 2018
Private Artists-Only Opening Reception: April 14, 2018, 5-7 p.m.
Public Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony: April 19, 2018, 6-8 p.m.
Exhibition Closes: May 14, 2018
Entering Your Images:
You can enter your images online at www.OnlineJuriedShows.com. Entry form must be filled out in its entirety. List sizes up to the nearest inch. Submitted images must not include matting or frame. Crop the photos to include only the artwork. Be sure your images are right-side-up.
Before uploading your images, make sure they are smaller than 4MB, but at least 1920 pixels on the longest side at 72 dpi. Images should be in JPEG format, sRGB color space. Help in photographing your work and properly sizing your images can be found at: www.OnlineJuriedShows.com/help.aspx. If you need help entering your images or are unable to, please write to us here: https://onlinejuriedshows.com/Contact.aspx
Please add Services@OnlineJuriedShows.com and Manager@OnlineJuriedShows.com to your safe senders list to ensure notifications are received.
Location: Paul Nigra Center for Creative Arts, 2736 New York 30, Gloversville, New York